|Job title:||Head of Reporting Accounting|
An exciting opportunity exists within one of SA’s most forward-thinking financial institutions. This role supports the Head of Finance, CFO and CEO by providing them with critical financial information to support them in their interactions with investors, analysts, rating agencies and the financial press. Seeking a well experienced and dynamic CA(SA) who will be responsible for the full reporting accounting function, while providing insightful information to internal stakeholders.
- Providing appropriate guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure financial discipline within the organisation
- Ensuring accurate reconciliations between operational and external systems as well as performing system testing and analysis
- Managing the year-end, interim and all month-end processes
- Ensuring the correct accounting entries for impairment of the debtor book are captured
- Managing the organisation relationship with insurance cell providers and applicable reinsurers
- 8-12 years post articles experience in managing a team of specialists within a similar environment
- CA(SA) qualified
- An understanding of the link between return on equity, capital, costing and risk impact
- Credit risk and other risk model theories (concepts of expected and unexpected losses)
- Tax knowledge
Please note that if you have not heard from us 2 weeks from application, please consider yourself unsuccessful - please do continue to follow us online and apply for suitable roles.