Our client, a niche pharmaceutical specialist is looking to take on an accomplished CA(SA)-qualified Finance Manager. With both their head office and manufacturing capacity based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town, this is an extremely exciting time to join this business as they continue to grow, strengthen and build on their successes and further develop their capabilities, products, services and market diversification.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Manager’s KPAs include:
- Preparing of the monthly management pack, including understanding of key variances, drivers of these variances, explaining profit margin variances, passing month-end journals
- Annual budgeting and contributing to forecasting
- Payment of suppliers: review & approve payment of local & overseas suppliers
- Creditors: monitor release dates and amounts due
- Monthly VAT reconciliations, including customs VAT (imports & exports) in terms of IT14SD guidelines. Submission and close out of all SARS requirements
- Maintenance of FAR, reconciliation of FAR to GL on a monthly basis
- Overseeing the required internal and external audits
- Facilitate sign-off of annual financial statements within required deadlines
- Risk: maintain & manage the finance risk register
- CA(SA)-qualified, ideally with 3-5 years post Articles experience
- Working experience ideally within the pharmaceutical industry (if not, then within FMCG)
- 3-5 years management experience
- Strictly Employment Equity
Please note that if you have not heard from Brendon 2 weeks from application, please consider yourself unsuccessful - please do continue to follow CA Financial Appointments online and apply for suitable financial jobs.