One of SA’s most well-known, global financial services groups has a key role available in their Investment Strategy Team. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for the implementation of the Strategic Asset Allocation Framework across the Group, with the aim of maximising the risk-adjusted returns on shareholder assets. The incumbent will also be responsible for the management of the asset strategy as implemented for Guaranteed Assets.
The appointment will be made from the designated group in line with my client's Employment Equity Plan.
- Implement the Group’s framework and ensure senior executive buy-in
- Actively identify, analyse and present ideas to expand and improve the SAA based on the changing investment landscape and opportunities
- Drive the roll-out of the framework across all group subsidiaries, including the revision and implementation of investment mandates in the rest of the African legal entities
- Advise on repositioning the RoA portfolios and drive the reporting requirements
- Attendance of relevant committees such as Investment Committee, Capital Management Committee etc.
- Align reporting from group entities with group financial reporting to ensure optimal external reporting of shareholder assets and investment returns
- Analyse investment ideas for any tactical deviations across the group in order to drive shareholder value creation in the shareholder portfolios
- Engage with asset managers and investment banks to understand product offerings in the market and overlap this with the company's investment portfolios to ensure top position
- Understanding and alignment with the group’s capital management framework to ensure capital efficient investment risks are taken across the group in line with risk return targets
- Derive/assist with credit strategy including limits, frameworks, diversification etc.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met in terms of monthly performance, business planning and forecasting including investor relations
- Oversee and manage the Enterprise Supplier Development Fund and ensure the fund meets its obligations and award to beneficiaries
- Actuary / CA(SA) / CFA Charter Holder / MBA
- 5 - 7 years' relevant experience in investment reporting and strategic investment management
Please note if you have not heard from us in 2 weeks from application, please consider yourself unsuccessful - please do continue to follow us online and apply for suitable roles