Our client, an NPO social enterprise with a great initiative seeks a Project Accountant for their fund management team. This is a lovely opportunity for an experienced Project Accountant looking for a change from corporate, who would like to bring their skill set to a team that supports a great purpose!
Role available due to growth in the team. The role is responsible for ensuring funds are accounted for, reporting and ensuring it meets funder / IFRS requirements.
- Maintaining accurate accounting records
- Responsible for financial reporting on grants
- Responsible for ensuring funds are managed and accounted for
- Preparation of journals, monthly general ledger reconciliations, funder reports, and any financial info required by funders
- Ensuring compliance is adhered to
- Preparing funder budgets, attend funder meetings
- Maintaining funder database and reporting deadlines schedule
- Ad hoc support to the finance team
- Cash flow management
- Audit preparation, coordinating donor site visits and ensuring audit findings are resolved
- Risk Management, compliance and statutory requirements
- Minimum of a completed degree or diploma qualification in Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 year’s work experience, ideally in an accounting role that includes project accounting, analysis of financial data to identify variances etc.
- Previous experience working in a funding team in the NPO or development space is a distinct advantage
- MS Office proficient - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced proficiency in the Pastel accounting system, and any cost accounting experience would be a bonus!
- Ability to work with complex and multiple priorities
- Must have the ability to analyse data and information
- Must have excellent communication skills both; verbal and written in English
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with the ability to work with multiple priorities
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work discreetly with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to take ownership and work with limited supervision
- Good levels of EQ and interpersonal skills sought, as well as a team player attitude
- High attention to detail and a client-centric approach
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role. Please do though continue to follow us online and apply for suitable financial roles.