As a public entity that promotes biodiversity conservation, my client is in a position to attract a Financial Manager who reports to the General Manager and will be responsible for the full budgeting and reporting function of the entity including donor and project fund accounting. The ideal candidate is someone who has financial accounting experience as well as a high level of business acumen.
- Implementation of the budget strategy and business process enhancements within the budgets and reporting section
- Preparation of annual and adjusted entity budgets for donor funding, provincial allocations, and own revenue
- Internal and external financial reporting
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for decision making
- Preparation of monthly and ad-hoc financial reports for internal stakeholders
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc regulatory financial reports & externally funded reports in line with MOA’s
- Ensure compliance to key legislative metrics in relation to financial and management reporting
- Assistance with annual regulatory audits and externally funded audits
- Presentations to management when necessary
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders in respect of financial reporting and budget management
- Training of staff to understand and implement financial processes and controls for all funding sources
- Post Graduate qualification in Financial Accounting or pursuing CA(SA)
- Minimum of 3 years; post articles experience in a similar financial accounting position
- Knowledge and understanding of the MTEF process (government budgeting process)
Please note if you have not heard from us in 2 weeks from application, please consider yourself unsuccessful - please do continue to follow us online and apply for suitable roles.