A well-known financial services provider is seeking an experienced CA(SA) with a strong background in the Financial Services/Banking sectors. This individual should have excellent stakeholder management skills, an innovative way of thinking and the ability to see the ‘’big picture’’.
The core focus of this role will be to partner with the business in providing finance services, insights, and strategy to enable the business to achieve its financial objectives.
- Create, evolve, and uphold policies, protocols, benchmarks, and structures.
- Define and execute internal and external financial reporting methods and documentation prerequisites for individual entities and collectives.
- Assess, strategize, and oversee expenses (such as product pricing or supply chain scrutiny) to bolster the execution of business strategies.
- Translate business strategies into financial goals and operational blueprints while aiding their execution.
- Interpret data and make informed managerial choices using benchmarks, patterns, and diverse planning and prediction approaches; institute enhancements in the planning processes.
- Instate and ensure consistent, effective modeling, planning, and forecasting protocols.
- Foresee, implement, and enforce policies and protocols to regulate and mitigate both financial and non-financial risks affecting the business unit(s).
- Aid in monthly VAT reconciliation and quarterly tax compilations.
- Supervise and oversee risk to guarantee alignment with risk and audit criteria. Investigate and enact measures to address audit discoveries.
- Identification and tracking of key business KPI’s for each of the different teams and for the overall business.
- Oversee the preparation and evaluation of tax returns and concerns.
- Manage the yearly budget and rolling forecast process.
- Registered CA(SA) with 7 years post articles experience within the financial services space
- Proven track record of managing high performing finance teams
- Advanced knowledge of excel and ideally exposure to SQL & PowerBI
- Strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to work with large sets of data